6755 W 100 N Delphi, IN 46923 US
On-Site – Delphi Indiana, 5 days a week
Hours: 8-5 EST
Industry: Agriculture / Food & Beverage
We offer a stable work environment with growth potential. We reward our team members with compensation and benefits above the competition, including three health care options (including an HSA), two dental options, two vision options, a very competitive 401(k) plan (with two different company match components), and several other supplemental benefits (including a generous tuition reimbursement program
- -Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- - CPA or MBA
- - 1-3 years of experience at a manufacturing plant
- - strong knowledge of accounting principles and plant accounting
- Experience at Big 4 Audit company
Planet Professional is seeking a Financial Accountant for handling day-to-day accounting operations of the entire organization, including general ledger activities and maintenance, cash management, and monthly financial statement close processes.
This position requires a strong understanding of basic accounting concepts and business processes, a desire to be engaged departmental projects, strong organizational and prioritization skills, and initiative to assist in process improvements. This role has responsibilities within the accounting department, but will often work with other departments, such as Sales and Operations, to provide information and solve problems.
The Financial Accountant provides outstanding client service to external vendors and customers, assists in daily tasks for internal stakeholders, and contributes to the organization's mission by providing timely and reliable information.
- Compiles and analyzes accounting data daily.
- Coordinates with the accounting team and other departments to provide timely information flow.
- Follows internal control requirements to maintain the security and integrity of financial information.
- Gathers, interprets, and complies data to identify trends and/or abnormalities.
- Ensures client and vendor confidentiality by keeping financial information secure.
- Performs journal entries to ensure transactions are captured and recorded accurately.
- Reconciles key general ledger accounts monthly as part of the financial statement close process.
- Assists in daily cash transactions and weekly bank reconciliation processes.
- Utilizes the Company's ERP system to identify reporting improvement capabilities.
- Maintains a high level of integrity and a strong dedication to performing tasks accurately.
- Displays a willingness to adapt to changing demands from an accounting and business perspective.
- Serves as key resource to the Director of Accounting, CFO, and other members of the organization.