135 Constitution Boulevard Franklin, MA 02038 US
Cold Chain Technologies - Franklin, MA
Salary: up to $90k
20% Direct Hire Fee
100% Onsite role
Notes from Manager
- Candidates must be fully Covid Vaccinated (Booster up to date)
- Engineering Degree is mandatory
The Facility Manager ensures optimal functioning of building systems including; fire/life safety, mechanical, electrical, production and laboratory equipment, preventive maintenance programs and is also responsible to manage the Plant Technicians.
- Responsible to manage a staff of plant technicians.
- Maintain proper operation of all building systems and equipment including; fire/life safety, mechanical, electrical, and production and laboratory equipment.
- Inspect building systems and equipment for problems, troubleshoot issues, make repairs as necessary, and escalate more complex repairs to the Plant Manager.
- Responsible to develop and manage facility renovation and improvement program.
- Oversee contractors for facility renovation and improvement projects.
- Approve all work performed by outside contractors.
- Responsible to develop and manage the facility preventative maintenance program.
- Lead plant maintenance training programs and initiatives.
- Comply with all safety and environmental procedures, including hazardous control, lockout – tag out programs, and other building awareness programs.
- Research and justify cost savings measures to reduce plant operating expenses.
- BSIE, BSME, or BS in Engineering Technology or related engineering field preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in facilities management position.
- 5-8 years of experience in production engineering.
- Working knowledge of fire/life safety, electrical, mechanical and HVAC systems.
- Able to read and understand complex electrical, mechanical and automation systems plans, drawings and documentation.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing control and maintenance systems.
- Hands on experience problem solving, troubleshooting equipment, and process improvement.
- Experience in equipment maintenance programs is a plus.
- Experience applying Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing/6 Sigma principles.
- Excellent project management skills; ability to plan and implement projects from concept to completion.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with others in a positive and collaborative manner.
- Ability to be flexible and able to adapt to changes in priorities.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office applications; Word, Excel, Access, as well as Adobe Acrobat, etc.
- MRP and AutoCAD software experience is desirable.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. on occasion.
- Available for occasional travel.