Event and Conference Manager
Springfield, MA 01102 US
Start Date: 02/05/2024
Pay Rate: up to $47/hour (DOE)
Duration: 11 months with possible extension
Location: Springfield Massachusetts / Hybrid position, must be able to go onsite to office for events/meetings
Our Fortune 500 Financial Services client has a HOT need for an Event and Conference Manager with 5 years of experience planning and executing corporate meeting, events, and conferences. MUST be local to Springfield to join the Events & Conference Management team for a 11 month HYBRID contract role starting in February 2024!
Event and Conference Manager Responsibilities Include:
- Consulting with business partners on their meeting requirements, leading project planning, managing the meeting budget, sourcing event venues, contract management, attend travel in conjunction with travel management vendor, registration website and mobile app development, food and beverage management, etc.
- Development of program specs and communications with vendors to clearly communicate execution needs of the event
- Schedule and lead planning meetings with Sr. Leadership
- On-site execution of the event which would include leading pre-con meetings, vendor load in and set up, on-site registration management, staffing management, etc.
- Attendance of regular team collaboration with ECM Director, event stakeholders, vendors, and other ECM support team members
- Ordering of on-site event supplies as needed, including but not limited to, office supplies, name badges, and signage
- Project management of event registration websites and mobile app builds
- Proof registration websites and mobile apps to ensure details are correct before launches
- Bachelor's degree (preferred)
- Project management/program management skills
- Business communications experience
- Advanced experience with AirTable and CVENT
- Event agency experience a plus
- Tech-savvy and able to learn/adopt new technology tools and platforms quickly
- Organized and able to plan appropriate project timelines, work backward from deadlines, identify milestones and owners, and execute against a plan