Environmental Specialist II
120 Tredegar St Richmond, VA 23219 US
Responsibilities include coordinating field services and transportation for wastes and materials (i.e. hazardous, non-hazardous, universal, PCB, and recyclable wastes and materials. The successful candidate must have related experience with RCRA, DOT, and TSCA regulations and programs. Coordinates and ensures company programs and projects are compliant with federal, state, and local environmental regulations including any specific areas of concern.
Promotes corporate environmental policy, by educating and assisting employees to seek innovative ways to ensure operational environmental compliance and promote sustainability. Ensures compliance with environmental requirements prescribed by laws, regulations, company policies, and company procedures. Provides regulatory interpretations for new and existing environmental regulations. Uses electronic databases to analyze and monitor company compliance with regulatory requirements.
Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
Must have skill sets:
- Must have knowledge of Federal and State waste and transportation regulations (RCRA, TSCA, asbestos, DOT) to successfully coordinate the off-site transportation and disposal of wastes and recyclables.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Logic and reasoning skills to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternatives, conclusions, or approaches.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, experience with SAP is a plus.
- Ability to give full attention to others, to take time understanding the points being made, and to ask questions.
- Ability to influence others.
- Ability to embrace collaborative problem solving.
- Ability to facilitate open idea exchange.
- Ability to understand implications of new information.
- Ability to identify complex problems, to review related information, to develop and evaluate options, and to implement solutions.
- Ability to adapt actions.
- Ability to remain professional while delivering high-quality, reliable, environmental services to customers.
- Degree or an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated related experience may be accepted in lieu of preferred level of education: Bachelor (Note: A Master's degree will count as one year of experience. A partial year of experience of six months or more will be rounded up to one year).
- Preferred discipline(s): Environmental Science, Engineering, Other disciplines may be substituted for the preferred discipline(s) listed above.