The Planet Group https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63515/logos/square.png http://www.theplanetgroup.com http://www.theplanetgroup.com true
Environmental Planner - Rail
San Francisco, CA 94501 US
Posted: 05/09/2023 2023-05-09 2023-07-09 Employment Type: Direct Hire/Perm Job Category: Environmental Job Number: 551160 Country: United States Is job remote?: Yes
Our client has an opening for an Environmental Planner IV in Oakland, CA. The candidate will primarily lead environmental clearance and associated work on roadway transportation projects on the State highway facilities. Work will include interaction with senior project managers and task leaders; California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) staff; and representatives from cities, counties, and local, regional, state, and federal agencies. May serve as a project manager, deputy project manager, task manager, or technical specialist depending on the project assignment.
- Responding to a variety of ongoing requests to support Caltrans projects, including refining task needs, scoping and costing tasks, and identifying and assigning staff
- Providing oversight, authority, and accountability for projects
- Overseeing multiple projects simultaneously within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensuring quality standards on project deliverables
- Providing leadership in mentoring personnel
- Research, writing, and impact analysis for a wide range of CEQA and NEPA documents
- Subconsultant and technical staff management
- Financial management and reporting on ongoing tasks
- Environmental permitting support; and Meeting coordination and moderation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Planning or related field and 6+ years of years of experience in successfully coordinating and managing CEQA/NEPA document preparation and technical studies for Caltrans projects or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
- 8+ years of experience in successfully coordinating and managing CEQA/NEPA document preparation and technical studies for Caltrans projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills to effectively manage projects and interact with teams of staff, subconsultants, and clients
- Ability to write a range of CEQA and NEPA documents and supporting technical documentation for Caltrans projects
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate a high level of competence and experience in working with teams, clients, subcontractors, and regulatory personnel
- Exceptional detail orientation and attention to quality
- Experience in marketing and business development efforts in pursuit of new projects.
- Due to the nature of this role, U.S. Citizenship is required.