Environmental Inspector/Environmental Scientist (Oklahoma Transmission Line)
Oklahoma City, OK 67202 US
Primary responsibilities include coordination and support for environmental compliance efforts, permitting, and field based environmental activities. The candidate must have experience with Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and natural resources surveys or coursework.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understands environmental permits and regulatory requirements.
- Interfaces with Project Personnel, as well as, Subcontractors in areas related to environmental and permitting matters.
- Provides Environmental orientation training to personnel requiring access to project work areas (i.e. construction crews, deliveries, construction managers).
- Complete daily environmental inspection forms documenting the inspection of best management practices (BMPs) and compliance with construction stormwater pollution prevention plans (SWPPP).
- Completes daily environmental inspection forms documenting construction compliance with permit requirements.
- Maintains records of permit required work and Environmental Non-Compliance Reports (ENCR) and completes adequate follow up and mitigation recommendations.
- Resolve audit findings from Governmental Authorities or Clients and internal audits.
- Keeps team abreast of environmental issues.
- In conjunction with Site Manager, report all incidents, including regulatory reportable and non-reportable spills to the appropriate agency and project personnel.
- Assist with biological studies (habitat assessments, aquatics, avian surveys, wetland delineations)
- Assist with GIS deliverables
- Full time 40-50 hours/week
- Travel is required. Work from central location and travel daily along the 90-mile transmission line.
- Candidate MUST have a valid DL. A fleet truck and UTV will be assigned.
- Per Diem is available depending where candidate resides. Candidate MUST live 70+ miles (one way) to project site to qualify a per diem. PD rates TBD.
- UTV will be provided for traversing project site so ideal candidate would have experience towing and maneuvering a trailer and operative a UTV. GIS Tablet will be provided for performing compliance inspections on digitally using geospatially tied features and photos so ideal candidate would have experience with ArcGIS Field Maps and have used tablets for recording data in the field.
- Bachelor's degree in environmental science, water quality, geology, biology, landscape architect, or soil science from accredited program is required.
- At least 4-5 years of experience working in the environmental field, experience with construction compliance, and large linear utility projects.
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills are required along with willingness to travel overnight as needed.