Environmental Field Technician
10 Apollo Dr Albany, NY 12205 US
Our Client is looking for an Environmental Field Technician. They will be responsible for sorting, and transporting materials and waste. Will ensure compatibility and safety processes at all time for each job and lab pack services provided to customers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Ensures Health & Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Assist customer onsite with waste management program such as waste collection, bulking, waste area inspections.
- Assist Field Chemist in the segregation of chemicals by hazardous class
- Utilize thorough knowledge of storing and processing procedures based on customer's SOPs and protocols
- Develop good client relationships by effectively communicating with customers
- Communicate effectively with project manager regarding customer's needs
- Perform basic spill cleanup and housekeeping duties
- Sample and characterize customer waste, when necessary
- Assist in the segregation of chemicals by class; packing compatible materials in appropriate containers and preparing for transportation; completing necessary paperwork per job.
- Assists in characterizing materials at field project sites.
- Follows proper placarding and load segregation requirements when transporting materials.
- Introductory knowledge of high hazard materials management /assessment and cylinder handling.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Experience: 1 year of related experience in Environmental field
Knowledge and Abilities: This is a safety sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function. Good knowledge and understanding of all federal, state, and local laws and regulations pertaining to the Environmental Services Industry. Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with internal and external contacts.
Requirements: Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical, DOT physical, and drug screen; obtain a Class B CDL w/hazmat endorsement within 6 months of hire date. Must meet all Driving Qualifications. Ability to pass Motor Vehicle Record search to company standards. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.