Engineering Technologist III
3300 Exchange Place Lake Mary, FL 32746 US
The SCADA Engineering Technologist III is responsible for providing data and controls to the System Operators for situational awareness of the Bulk Power System through alarming and analog readings. In addition, the data provided assists field technicians and System Operators in identifying where faults are located as well as troubleshooting and mitigation of issues on the Bulk Power System.
Ensures accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities. Prepares thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches. Conducts engineering and related studies. Strives to continually improve job-related, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance. Develops positive working relationships to effectively coordinate work activities. Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills. Supports the company's goals and represents the company positively and professionally. Either a graduate from a college or university with a Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), or 4 to 6 years of experience and Associate Degree in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), or 10 to 15 years equivalent experience with no degree. Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds Good written and oral communication skills. Experience in the utility industry.
Job Duties Include:
- Remote communication setup and maintenance of Transmission assets over IP and
- Development of baselines and I/O summaries for existing and new substations.
- Setup, installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs of SCADA systems.
- Testing of equipment to ensure functionality with DEF system.
- Developing solutions and mitigation plans during testing of new equipment and existing
equipment installed on the DEF system.
- Providing the appropriate information necessary to complete capital projects on time
- Assist in data retrieval for remotely connected devices.
- Interface with Transmission Compliance Coordination to ensure Florida P&C
Engineering documentation is accurate and implemented correctly.
- Responsible for oversight on NERC-CIP v5 and IT 503, etc. as it pertains to P&C