Engineering Technologist III
2166 Palmetto Street Clearwater, FL 33765 US
The TDUB (transmission distribution underbuild) Program Manager is responsible for the management of transmission distribution underbuild work order designs execution through external design support. The program manager will be responsible for ensuring all work order designs meet scope, high-level quality requirements. and are completed on schedule. The specific responsibilities and requirements are as follows:
- Act as Liaison between distribution and transmission for all related work
- Attend all project review meetings
- Create and manage all transmission work orders
- Ensure staking is completed by CEP prior to construction
- Verify that the pre-reqs for permits and staking are completed prior to pre-con.
- Ensure work order tasks are in appropriate status to ensure proper work order closeout/in-service.
- Ensure date management of all TDUB WOs (includes updating any inactive assigned personnel within Cost Mgmt to the project).
- Create project MX through Cost Management tool.
- Assign design work to contract engineering partner (CEP). External design support.
- Perform a high-level QA/QC of CEP designs
- Interface regularly with CEPs regarding engineering and be able to provide updates to Asset Design directors and any Transmission contacts necessary
- Create Transmission Switching work orders
- Support cleanup of aged/backlogged work orders
- Working knowledge of transmission distribution underbuild project design
- Working knowledge of distribution designs and Pole Foreman
- Working knowledge and experiencing working in Maximo
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge/experience in the electric utility industry.
- Understanding and working knowledge of basic principles of project management.