McAllen, TX 78501 US
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform on-site inspection, testing, troubleshooting of fire & security alarm, suppression and releasing systems as well as associated devices in accordance with industry standards.
- Read and understand assigned project documentation and work orders including scope of work for inspections, and determine if additional information is needed.
- Inform Alarm Manager of any problems and concerns with assigned projects.
- Develop a thorough understanding of integrating a fire alarm system with HVAC controls, smoke management systems, elevator controllers, sprinkler/suppression systems, card access, security systems and CCTV.
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, software/systems, programs, schematics and operation/product manuals.
- Prepare associated paperwork/forms for customer service activities. Return completed documentation required for master customer file, future inspections, service, accounting and payroll in a timely manner as required by procedures.
- Maintain confidential information related to services performed.
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 5 years documented experience with fire alarm, access control, security intrusion, sound, communications systems or related electronic building systems.
- Must pay excellent attention to detail and have the experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, submittals, and operational/product manuals.
- Knowledge of test equipment, multi-meter, digital analyzer, and commissioning devices.