Engineering Technician 4: Mechanical
11401 Lamar Avenue Shawnee Mission, KS 66211 US
Functions in a senior level engineering technician capacity. With minimal supervision, performs advanced functions requiring knowledge and use of electronic applications, standards and document control processes/procedures in support of creating and modifying deliverables. May provide technical guidance and direction to other engineering professionals including delegation of work assignments.
- Continues to learn and apply standards, systems, document control, departmental guides and policies and procedures
Quality / Continuous Improvement:
- Ensures that deliverables are accurate and compliant by continually developing knowledge of the Quality Program
- Demonstrates personal accuracy and supports continuous improvement and change management efforts
- Broadens knowledge of the applications required to modify and develop less complex deliverables based on a variety of design inputs
- May assist with minor computations such as material quantity estimates and dimensional checks
- May assist in coordinating deliverables with other groups involved on the same project to minimize interference or errors
- Intermediate knowledge of Computer Automated Drafting Design (CADD) or other applications or design or modeling skills
- Preferably experience with Autodesk Revit and Bluebeam software
- Basic knowledge of engineering standards, systems, document control, departmental guides and policies and procedures
- Basic ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned
- Basic industry knowledge and technology trends
- Diploma or Certificate preferred. Associate Degree in Drafting or an Engineering Design Related Technology preferred.