Engineering Technician 4
5420 Lyndon B Johnson Fwy, Suite 400, RGDALL Dallas, TX 75240 US
The Virtual Design & Data Solutions (VDDS) Engineering Technician 4 under general supervision, performs functions requiring intermediate knowledge and use of electronic applications, standards, and document control processes/procedures in support of creating or modifying deliverable.
May begin to provide technical guidance to other engineering technicians.
This role will be responsible for assisting with the development site drainage, grading, utility plans using Autodesk Civil 3D. Working knowledge of Bentley Microstation is also preferable
- Applies knowledge of standards, systems, document control, departmental guides, applicable codes and policies and procedures
- Proactively applies knowledge of the Quality Program relative to deliverables.
- Demonstrates personal accuracy and supports continuous improvement and change management efforts.
- Reviews design inputs to ensure consistency.
- Assists to ensure deliverables are in compliance with the specific codes and standards suitable for the project.
- Broadening the use of applications to continuously evaluate and improve methods, processes and procedures used to accomplish deliverables.
- Create and develop deliverables based on a variety of design inputs.
- May develop less complex design concepts and create project design deliverables based on a variety of design inputs.
- May perform computations such as development of detailed material quantities and estimates.
- Coordinate deliverables with other groups involved on the same project to minimize interference or errors.
- May support field activities.
- May be responsible for support of project finalization including for example consolidation of records for as-built drawings or information to take off as-built quantities.
- Focuses on the needs of internal clients while gaining an understanding of external client's main interests and drivers.
- Proactively seeks and shares knowledge of latest technologies and processes.
- May apply judgment and makes decisions with respect to deliverables and input interpretation.
- May provide work direction and guidance to others.
- Minimum of 3 years related work experience
- Autodesk Civil 3D
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- 2D/3D Ability to use Computer Automated Drafting Design (CADD)
- Bentley Microstation preferred
- Diploma or Certificate preferred.
- Associate Degree in Drafting or an Engineering Design Related Technology preferred.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.