Employee Relations Manager
900 Ridgebury Rd. Ridgefield, CT 06877 Ridgefield, CT 06877 US
Employee Relations Manager
Location: Ridgefield, CT (hybrid)
Hours: 40hrs/wk -- 8am-5pm (1 hr lunch)
Interview Process: Teams Interview or In-person (1 round with HM)
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field.
- 3+ years employee relations experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to influence, communicate and build relationships at all levels.
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Proven results in demonstrating Excellent facilitation skills required.
- Intermediate proficiency of Microsoft Office, HRIS and applicant tracking system.
- Proficient knowledge of employment, wage and hour, FMLA and EEO laws.
- Pharma knowledge a plus.
- Master's degree
- PHR or SPHR a plus.
Work in collaboration with HR Business Partners, Legal Counsel, Supervisors and Managers to ensure consistent handling of employee relations matters while maintaining the culture of the Company. Responsible for conflict resolution, legal compliance, trend and root cause analysis and provide recommendations for reducing the number of overall employee relations issues. Travel may be required when investigating complex issues or when requested to provide assistance across the US.
- Investigate and resolve employee relations issues, which include analyzing evidence, applying relevant laws, policies, and precedents in order to reach conclusions. Prepare written case summaries and provide decisions and recommendations for corrective action. Partners with Management and HRBP to ensure corrective action plan is implemented. Maintain confidentiality and sensitivity to all issues. Serve as process expert to Employee Relations Specialist for complex matters and for assistance with case management.
- Maintain and update internal database for all employee relations cases. Review trends and make recommendations for future proactive approaches to minimize employee relations investigations.
- Acting as the HR Policy subject matter expert, ensure policies are consistently applied as it relates to employee relations. Provide counsel and guidance to employees regarding company policies and procedures. Provide labor law and policy interpretation to HRBPs.
- Ensure a consistent investigative approach relative to business functions compliance regulations. Manage and escalate to the appropriate compliance committees as needed (e.g. PM Compliance, Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC))
- Partner with internal or external counsel to prepare for and when necessary attend mediations, arbitration, and other court proceedings, including unemployment claim responses.
- Coordinate termination details including letters and severance agreements and ensure all necessary parties are aligned and in agreement.
- Company representative and Legal Department liaison for any employment related claims against the Company arising out of an investigation, EEOC charges, State Agencies, etc.