Employee & Labor Relations Manager
275 Allen Street New Bedford, MA 02740 US
The Employee Relations Manager reports to the Director of Employee & Labor Relations. You will advise HRBP's and Leaders regarding complex employee relations situations and the interpretation of HR policies, labor contracts and state/federal employment laws.
- Independently advise HR business partners and leaders regarding complex employee relations situations and the interpretation of HR policies, labor contracts and state/federal employment laws.
- Manage the resolution of employee relations matters related to disciplinary actions, conflicts and interpretation of established policies and administrative practices in a timely and effective manner.
- Conduct in depth investigations of significant issues/claims such as discrimination, harassment, sexual harassment, and other matters that involve complex, time-consuming and/or difficult efforts/concerns.
- Prepare investigative reports and maintain comprehensive records in our database system.
- Assess, design and deliver training on employee relations and labor issues as requested by, or in support of, HR business partners and client groups/leaders.
- Lead special projects aimed at improving organizational processes and practices associated with employment-related activities.
- Provide support, coaching, and advisement to the HR Business Partners concerning employee relations, labor relations and performance management matters.
Education & Experience:
- Advanced degree in HR, Business, Law, or the equivalent education and experience are preferred. Juris doctorate or MBA are preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 5+ years practicing as an employee relations manager, labor relations manager and/or employment law attorney in a law firm or corporate role is strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution, and relationship building skills required.
- Expert knowledge of employment law and other related laws required.
- Ability to deal tactfully and professionally with a wide variety of constituents.
- Ability to function collaboratively in a team and as an individual contributor.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability in dealing with complex and sensitive employee related issues and the ability to prioritize work. Ability to exercise sound judgement and apply critical thinking skills.
- Highly skilled at managing complex workplace investigations.
- Must be able to communicate effectively to all levels of staff and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information.
- Analytical skills to gather, integrate and assess information from various sources, summarize information, and recommend solutions. Familiar with software applications/programs (Peoplesoft, Excel, Kronos) to create and run reports, compile and analyze data, to present data that support recommendations.
- Schedule flexibility, as needed, to meet specific project, negotiation, or investigatory timelines.
- Must be fully vaccinated against seasonal Influenza and the Covid 19 virus or to be exempt from the requirement for medical or personal reasons by signing a statement certifying you are choosing to be exempt from vaccination once hired