Electrical Project Engineer
5570 Hog Island Road Surry, VA 23883 US
The candidate will fill a position as an Electrical Project Engineer for the Digital I&C Program. The primary area of focus will evaluating the electrical supply and distribution changes as a result of a large-scale analog to digital controls and protection system conversion. Specific duties include monitoring and discussion of electrical project topics, preparation of engineering technical evaluations, development of maintenance strategies and corrective action plans, supporting development of design change documentation, review of engineering supplier design change documentation, and preparation and/or review of system requirements specifications from an electrical power perspective. The candidate will work in a broad range of digital systems modifications providing go-to support for electrical power expertise on the project team.
Candidates will be expected to have or gain familiarity with nuclear power plant design, including the Electrical Distribution System and or the Instrumentation and Control Systems at the station.
Top 3 Required Skills
- Experience with nuclear power plant design, including the Electrical Power Distribution System and or the Instrumentation and Control Systems at the station
- Experience with development of maintenance strategies and corrective action plans, and supporting development of design change documentation
- Experience with working in a broad range of Electrical Power and I&C issues both on the component and system level
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to lead, collaborate, or work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
Strongly Preferred Skills and Qualifications (with training documentation and record provided):
- 50.59 (or equivalent)
- Standard Design Process qualification for Nuclear Engineering Changes
- Engineering specification qualification
Preferred Years of Experience:
- 5+ years of directly-related electrical power design engineering experience in a power generating station, nuclear background strongly preferred
- 15+ years of industry experience, with nuclear experience preferred
- Possess a 4-year Electrical Engineering Degree or equivalent extensive electrical engineering field experience.
- Holds or has previously held a valid U.S. Professional Engineer license can be used in lieu of a 4-year degree
- Nuclear utility experience