The Planet Group https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63515/logos/square.png http://www.theplanetgroup.com http://www.theplanetgroup.com true
Columbus, OH 43215 US
Posted: 06/01/2023 2023-06-01 2023-07-03 Employment Type: Direct Hire/Perm Job Category: Engineering Job Number: 559937 Country: United States Is job remote?: No
Our client is seeking an Electrical Engineer with 5– 10 Years’ experience for our Columbus office location who will report to the Manager of Electrical Engineering. The ideal candidate would have working knowledge of Revit and Electrical design in the Consulting Engineering environment.
- Electrical design in building construction under direct supervision of licensed engineer in tasks described below.
- Perform analysis, design and documentation of power, lighting, and backup power systems.
- Coordinate with specialists for fire alarm, technology and lighting design as required by project scope of work.
- Coordinate with architects, mechanical/plumbing engineers and other disciplines for equipment power needs and sizing electrical distribution.
- Perform electrical design calculations for electrical loads and panel schedules.
- Develop simple electrical system one-line diagrams.
- Assist in selection and scheduling of electrical equipment.
- Assist in editing specifications to reflect the project requirements.
- Assist in assembling cost opinions for construction.
- Assist with field investigations and site visits.
- Assist in preparation of design deliverables for SD, DD, CD level documents.
- Assist with RFI responses for projects and accurately review submittals.
- Participate in continuing education opportunities when available and requested to attend.
- 5 –10 Years of experience in electrical design in consulting engineering.
- Use of design and analysis software such as Revit, AutoCAD, SKM, ETAP, Easy power.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Proactive and collaborative team member.
- Willingness to work on a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Experience in designing Healthcare, Sports, Commercial, Public Sector, Industrial, Education, and/or Institutional projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering Preferred.
- EI License preferred, working towards state licensure.