Columbus, OH 43215 US
- Electrical design in building construction under direct supervision of licensed engineer in tasks described below.
- Perform analysis, design and documentation of power, lighting, and backup power systems.
- Coordinate with specialists for fire alarm, technology and lighting design as required by project scope of work.
- Coordinate with architects, mechanical/plumbing engineers and other disciplines for equipment power needs and sizing electrical distribution.
- Perform electrical design calculations for electrical loads and panel schedules.
- Develop simple electrical system one-line diagrams.
- Assist in selection and scheduling of electrical equipment.
- Assist in editing specifications to reflect the project requirements.
- Assist in assembling cost opinions for construction.
- Assist with field investigations and site visits.
- Assist in preparation of design deliverables for SD, DD, CD level documents.
- Assist with RFI responses for projects and accurately review submittals.
- Participate in continuing education opportunities when available and requested to attend.
- 5 –10 Years of experience in electrical design in consulting engineering.
- Use of design and analysis software such as Revit, AutoCAD, SKM, ETAP, Easy power.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Proactive and collaborative team member.
- Willingness to work on a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Experience in designing Healthcare, Sports, Commercial, Public Sector, Industrial, Education, and/or Institutional projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering Preferred.
- EI License preferred, working towards state licensure.