Columbus, OH 43235 US
Columbus OH USA
Direct Hire | Full Time
Minimum 10 yrs exp + PE required
Responsible for the completion of design efforts with minimal direction on a task basis and is responsible for the preparation and completion of electrical engineering designs that are responsive to project needs. Will coordinate and, in some cases, manage the preparation of design details, plans, drawings and reports within the assigned task areas. Must become familiar with the technical staff, methods, practices and procedures of the company.
Primary Functions Include:
- Participate in preparation of bid documents for all types of New Buildings, Existing Building Renovations and Upgrades, Pump Stations, Water and Waste Water Treatment Plant Upgrades, Roadway Lighting, and other Miscellaneous.
- Utilize AutoCAD to draft electrical construction drawings, including Floor Plans, Site Plans, Equipment Details and Wiring Diagrams.
- Coordinate with other engineering trades, including Architectural, Mechanical, Structural, and Process Engineering to ensure a complete and comprehensive Electrical design.
- Perform site visits to investigate and record existing conditions.
- Analyze existing and proposed electrical loads to size electrical services, feeders, and branch circuits
- Review project Instrumentation, Control, and Remote Monitoring requirements for individual projects; assist with the I&C design as needed.
- Work toward keeping current tasks within schedule and budget to fit the needs of the project.
- Provide data, as required, for cost estimating and secure preliminary equipment costs for review.
- Investigate new methods and implement new ideas and/or procedures as may be advantageous to the Company and clients.
- Perform independent studies and prepare reports of results and conclusions in a clear, concise manner.
- Maintain and utilize working knowledge of accepted electrical engineering and instrumentation/control design standards and practices in the execution of design work that will meet the clients' needs and conform to Company standards
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred
Professional Engineer License required
Related work experience, including a minimum of 10 years as an Electrical Engineer required
Working knowledge of the NEC required
Must be able to work with others in a team environment
Competitive base compensation
Short and long-term disability insurance
Company-paid time to perform community services
Company-paid membership to professional organizations
Professional and personal development opportunities