9000 Cypress Waters Blvd Coppell, TX 75019 US
About the Company:
American big-box retail chain of home furnishing stores who operates 262 stores in 40 states.
The Director of Finance is responsible for maximizing the financial performance of the Merchandising and Supply Chain organizations. As a key business partner to C-suite executives, this person will be responsible for target setting, performance management, and long-range strategic planning for these functions. This is also a leadership position within the finance team which will have responsibilities for managing direct reports in addition to leading and coordinating enterprise-wide financial priorities such as planning, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Prepare analysis to help aid in decision making and help assess the financial implications of business decisions
- Collaborate with the merchandise planning organization which includes the preparation of the company sales and margin forecast and budget
- Provide tools, reports and analysis on investment decisions
- Provide input, analysis and recommendations as needed to help track progress against important company initiatives
- Hire, train, and manage finance team members. Lead by example, create and foster a high functioning, collaborative finance team.
- Maintain and continuously improve the performance management reporting, including daily, weekly, monthly reporting rhythms
- Prepare financial materials to be presented to business partners, the Executive Team and the Company’s Board of Directors
- Perform external benchmarking against key players in the home décor industry and other best in class retailers. Provide oversight to analysis of the home decor Industry, competitive activity and the impact to performance
- Partner with the Information Technology team in an effort to automate functions and increase analytical capabilities within the group. Have a thorough understanding of all database and analytical software tools
- Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure of the finance team to effectively accomplish and support both individual and team goals and objectives, as well as the Company’s
- Simultaneously manage several projects and participate in and facilitate group meetings with other teams related to financial analysis and policies