Design Program Manager
808 Brannan St San Francisco, CA 94103 US
Pay: $86 per hour DOE
Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental, 401K Planet Interactive's well-known online life-style client is seeking a Design Program Manager to work with them on a 11-month contract. Design Program Manager Responsibilities
- Partner with the Design Management and primary stakeholder to create a strategic project plan for the assigned design team based on a business need.
- Partner with the Design Management to define primary stakeholders, determine scope, and gain leadership support for design programs based on the predefined project goals.
- Execute design programs ensuring the program team meets deadlines, tracking against design milestones and following up on action items through owning all program documentation and operations including communication plans, forums, and meeting cadences as required.
- Work cross functionally with teams internal and external to Design to turn ambiguous opportunities into actionable outcomes.
- Define and standardize new processes from the ground up to streamline collaboration between stakeholders and manage design partnerships across multiple teams.
- Advocate for the customer, ensure design, content & research is part of the product development process.
- Manage risk by proactively raising issues around programs before they become a roadblock, and work quickly to resolve any issues that may arise.
- Create transparency by acting as the point of contact for programs, providing regular updates and decisions to stakeholders and ensuring updates are visible within the company.
- Report on the success of programs and completing project closeout steps, post-mortems, and/or leading any follow up iterative work.
- 5-7 years product design program management experience or equivalent
- Proficient in JIRA, other project management software a plus
- SCRUM, Agile, or PMP certifications
- Demonstrated proficiency in design program management across multiple product surfaces
- Bachelor's degree in CS, Information Systems, Business Administration or related field