Cost Engineering Analyst
1 Lincoln Ctr Villa Park, IL 60181 US
- Provide project controls Cost Engineering support per PC-ED-2014 to the director, manager of projects, project managers, contractors and other key team members.
- Analyze project actual and forecast to ensure compliance with annual internal and external Sarbanes Oxley Audits.
- Identify project/program budget, forecast, and authorization issues early and developing resolutions to meet project metrics.
- Provide historical comparisons of complete projects and programs.
- Develop and monitor the budgets for transmission, sub-station, distribution projects and programs.
- Manage program financial risks and opportunities and provide detailed analysis of variances to budget, quarterly plan, and month over month variance analysis.
- Prepare project accrual and JE and support project managers during financial challenge meetings.
- Provide 24/7 on call services for emergent projects.
- Utilize company Passport Work Management and Supply systems.
- Run, summarize and analyze various Hyperion reports to support projects and processes.
- Schedule and run monthly forecasting and accrual meetings with Project managers, report variances and issues to both the PM and project controls leadership.
- Utilize Excel detailed cost files for budgeting, cost management updates and earned value performance output.
- Manage budgets, forecasts, authorization limits and accruals for all assigned projects and programs.
- Provide monthly reports for: reauthorization risk, forecast accuracy by Project Manager, program and department, CIAC forecast and analysis, Contingency released and remaining, and others as requested.
- Ensures that all PAR forms in WPT are completed properly and route for approvals.
- Provides review of FERC assets, Capital & Expense classification, and property units for projects.
- Supports the development of the financial slides used in DOA approval presentations representing the requested authorization, funding sources, projected spend, etc.
- Monitors the portfolio of projects estimate at completion versus authorization ensuring that projects do not exceed authorization.
- Manages the Vendor Forecasting process which is used as a source of input for Cost Engineering.
- Reviews vendor forecasts to ensure that they are providing quality forecasts.
- Develops material request reporting which is used as a source of input for Cost Engineering.
- Provides an accounting review of all centrally managed material request and contractor contracts to ensure appropriate department and subaccount assignments.
- Creates ITNs in WPT if needed to track project budget, forecast, and authorization.