Cost Accounting Manager
Lakeshore Drive Chicago, IL 6000 US
- Independently manage the cost accounting cycle activities with a focus on efficiency and accuracy
- Perform the monthly financial close and associated reporting. Provide analytical insight to operations and management.
- Analyze actual manufacturing costs and prepare periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Assist in forecasting manufacturing costs and provide periodic financial reporting for inventory/COGS to management and stakeholders on a regular basis
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and support the Assistant Controller in consistency objectives across plant locations.
- Partner with key Operations Personnel on ad hoc decision support efforts for incremental profit analyses and development of decision support tools
- Bachelor's in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of cost accounting experience
- In-depth knowledge in inventory cost accounting operations and processes
- Strong understanding of GAAP
- Display initiative and well organized in identifying and resolving problems