Cost Accountant (Roseville, CA)
630 Roseville Parkway Roseville, CA 95747 US
Hybrid - 2 - 3 days in office
Pay Range: $37 - 47
Bachelor’s degree and/or 3+ years of experience
Advanced Excel skills
Experience within manufacturing or life sciences
As a key member of our growing and hardworking Finance team, the Cost Accountant will support month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing and audit activities and also supports various projects related to inventory and cost. This is a temporary position.
What You’ll Work On
• Participate in month-end and year-end closing activities including journal entries and account reconciliations.
• Participate in the quarter-end and year-end audit and prepare supporting documents for auditor review.
• Work with Operations to review inventory to ensure appropriate reserve, usage adjustment, and timely disposition.
• Work with Operations to review Supplier Liability to ensure appropriate reserve.
• Complete Financial Statement analysis, including Balance Sheet & Income Statement.
• Review SOX controls and process documents to ensure adherence of internal controls and ensure process integrity within Cost/Inventory and work with team members to resolve process issues and implement process improvements.
• Partner with the Operations team on inventory costing processes and inputs.
• Monitor all transactions involving inventory to ensure the perpetual inventory records are maintained.
• Reconcile inventory in all locations to reports or physical counts.
• Perform analysis of margin and inventory reports.
• Review standard costs and update periodically.
What You Contribute
• A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field with 3+ years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Strong understanding of inventory accounting theory, strong financial analysis skills and an ability to problem solve and make relevant recommendations required
• Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, with advanced skill in Excel
• Experience within the manufacturing or life sciences industries preferred