San Diego, CA 92123 US
Pay Rate: $35-$40/hr+ depending on experience
The Copywriter develops clear, concise, and grammatically correct copy for internal and external product channels across SaaS business. The copywriter ensures all documents and content meet established corporate style and brand voice. While we are looking for writing talent, we also value strong brainstorming ability, interviewing skills, strategic marketing acumen, and a self-starter ability. The ideal candidate has experience working in mid- to large-size B2B organizations and excels at collaborating with a variety of different teams.
The Copywriter develops, writes, edits, and proofreads copy for internal and external marketing materials, including but not limited to websites, social media content, emails, landing pages, data sheets, case studies, blogs advertisements, and articles.
- Write a variety of content across both digital and print, short- and long-form, with an emphasis on emails, landing pages and blogs.
- Organizes material and completes writing assignments based on project details and documents provided in WorkFront.
- Proofread and copyedit public-facing digital and print materials according to set standards regarding language, style, mechanics and style according to established brand style; uses MS Word track changes and Acrobat markup tools when proofreading and reviewing proofs in WorkFront.
- Track and record work in WorkFront.
- Collaborate with team members on a variety of creative brainstorming and strategic marketing initiatives.
- Attend weekly standup and traffic meetings.
- Ensure continuity and consistency of SaaS brand tone.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, English, Journalism, or relevant discipline required.
- More than 5 years of experience copywriting either in-house or in an agency environment.
- Has strong knowledge of SEO, mobile, social media, and digital marketing best practices.
Copywriter Skills and Abilities Required
- Both B2B and B2C experience preferred, healthcare, medical, software or biotech background a plus.
- Strong creative writer and extremely accurate editor.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.