One Kendall Square #1400W Cambridge, MA 02139 US
$170-$210k + Bonus
Associate Director / Director
We are seeking a hands-on, resourceful, and collaborative finance professional for a highly visible role responsible for accounting operations including general ledger, financial reporting, tax, treasury, statutory reporting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, fixed assets, and the external audit process. This individual will report to the VP of Finance.
The successful candidate requires an in-depth knowledge of accounting and financial reporting for private and public companies, an understanding of tax and statutory requirements in domestic and foreign jurisdictions, an ability to collaborate with auditors, tax authorities and business partners like contract manufacturers and collaboration partners. Working with the Finance Team, this role requires monitoring, interpretation, and compliance with evolving accounting guidance relevant to our business and corporate goals.
- Hands-on involvement in all company accounting-related matters:
- Management of the GL, including period-end close activities (journal entries, reconciliations, P&L review, etc.).
- Review and release of the semi-monthly payroll process, serving as a resource for related compliance matters.
- Maintain consolidation for all entities and manage related matters with outsourced providers for foreign subsidiary (based in Switzerland).
- Supervise AR, AP, payroll, and fixed asset activities as well as oversee the accounting for equity awards.
- Prepare the consolidated financial statements; ensure proper external reporting and filing in compliance with regulations.
- Serve as the liaison to external auditors and manage the annual financial audit.
- Oversee tax, statutory and legal entity requirements. This covers entities in the United States and international locations (currently Switzerland).
- Partner with management team by researching, evaluating, and documenting accounting and tax implications of complex transactions and collaborations; manage technical accounting assessments.
- Coordinate with the insurance broker and carriers to properly mitigate risk.
- Build financial infrastructure and policies that will support the company’s growth and drive continuous improvements in financial systems and processes.
- Serve as a business partner and build relationships cross-functionally to foster collaboration both inside and outside of Finance.
- Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree in Accounting with current CPA accreditation required.
- Big 4 Public Accounting experience preferred.
- Minimum 7 to 10 years’ experience in public accounting and biotech industry experience; prior experience in publicly traded companies preferred.
- Thorough and current knowledge of GAAP accounting principles.
- Experience with review and preparation of financial statements; corporate, payroll and franchise tax filings and requirements.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process in a setting requiring consolidations, multiple subsidiaries, including international.
- Experience with NetSuite or equivalent ERP systems preferred.
- Experience in developing internal controls and driving implementation of policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and experience with SEC reporting and SOX compliance are a plus.
- Experience managing and developing staff.
- Ability to deliver on responsibilities within a highly collaborative environment.
- Solves problems even where data is insufficient by directing team / others to get data and insights.
- Communicates with influence to reach out, engage and motivate teams.