Construction Project Manager (Columbus/St. Louis)
425 S. Woods Mill Road Suite 300, Chesterfield MO Chesterfield, MO 63017 US
The Construction Project Manager supports the Engineer Procure Construct (EPC) Project Manager or Program Manager to oversee day-to-day operations from pre-construction through project completion and warranty periods. The Construction Project Manager is responsible for managing the construction project safety, quality, schedule, cost control, contracts, subcontractors, suppliers, proposals, estimates, documentation turnover, client relations/management, field staff and other duties required to execute EPC, Construction Management, Construction, and Program Management projects. Experience with Water, Transmission, and/or Distribution projects preferred.
- Adhere to company’s safety programs, trainings, and policies, as well as promote and manage the Safety & Health performance of project team members and subcontractors.
- Responsible for the oversight of day-to-day construction activities and the successful execution of a single or multiple projects simultaneously.
- Provide direction and participate in project planning, scheduling, estimating, cost development, and establishing critical project objectives.
- Develop new and manage existing client relationships while interfacing with the client for proposal and project related items.
- Participate in internal and external project risk reviews and consult with Legal Department as required.
- Negotiate prime contracts, CM contracts, subcontracts, and change orders.
- Participate in risk review process.
- Implement assigned sections of the Project Execution Plan, including construction execution, construction quality assurance plan, safety & health plan, subcontracting plan, project staffing plan, organization chart, and procurement plan.
- Develop construction staffing plans and train project teams, coordinate activities of multiple global practices/disciplines, and facilitate the efficient cost-effective utilization of staff while adhering to contractual and performance requirements.
- Oversee the development of the project plan for site layout, mobilization and demobilization and support implementation.
- Verify all applicable project permits are secured in accordance with the project requirements.
- Direct and oversee the downstream request for proposal (RFP) and bid process and prepare detailed scope of work documents for subcontractor and client contractor contracts, including bidder development, prequalification, evaluation, award recommendation, and selection.
- Review, approve, and communicate internal and external reports including project budgeting, project cash flow forecast, and project status reports. Present reports to Project Manager, Program Manager as well as internal and external executive management as required.
- Collaborate with engineering team to establish the development and distribution of engineering deliverables per project schedule and requirements.
- Develop processes and manage downstream contract administration including request for information (RFI’s), submittals, change management, contract closeout, documentation, and claims mitigation.
- Oversee Prime Contract, subcontractor, and client contractor invoicing process.
- Coordinate and facilitate client, supplier and company commissioning and startup teams as needed.
- Implement, audit, and oversee project documentation.
- Implement process for confirming project and subcontractor insurance, taxes/duties, licensures, and bonding requirements.
- Perform project safety, quality, progress and financial audits and assessments as required.
- Oversee and participate in the project-specific non-conformance reporting process.
- Responsible for facilitating project cost reporting, scheduling, work breakdown structure establishment, project set-up and closeout, and field progress tracking specific to construction and construction related activities or program level activities as required.
- Develop and oversee materials receiving and management process, including inventory control, receipt of goods, storage, and transportation as required.
- Review contract documents with field staff to verify compliance of subcontractors and client contractors, safety and health requirements, quality, and schedule.
- Direct the project turnover documentation, warranty administration, project closeout, and recordkeeping/retention processes and procedures.
- Support communication with governmental, industry, and public entities on project-related matters.
- Review construction field reports.
- Provide mentorship and training to interns, construction coordinators, craft superivision, and assistant construction project managers.
- Provide performance feedback for each project team member as requested to their respective Department Managers.
- Manage community and building trades relationships.
- Develop and implement project labor agreements with building trades as required.
- Onboard craft/field supervision as required.
- Manage composite crew rates to determine labor and equipment costs.
- Manage staffing on projects.
- Manage labor burdens including craft classifications, benefits and labor laws.
- Maintain accurate craft classifications and craft progression records.
- Uphold craft competency and training standards.
- Estimate, forecast and manage craft install unit rates.
- Manage earned value, schedule, change management and cost metrics.
- Mentor and foster craft training and identify advancement opportunities.
- Manage construction equipment to ensure adequate inventory to complete projects.
- May be assigned to a project site based on project requirements.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all policies and standards
This resource can sit in either the St. Louis or Columbus office:
Construction, Construction Management, Engineering, or a related field. and 7 years relevant project management experience in the construction industry. Required or
- Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement. Required
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access).
- Experience with document control, scheduling, cost control and project management software is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle large volumes of work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Multiple years of experience on construction project sites or executing program management in the industries of aviation, commercial, energy, government, manufacturing, oil & gas, process, transportation, transmission & distribution, or water is preferred.
- A basic understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles is required.
- Must be able to meet the company's driving requirements