Construction Administrator Engineer
Vienna, VA 022180 US
BR+A is seeking a Construction Administration Engineer with hands-on field experience in design, operation, and construction of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, and DDC control systems. This position is for our New York City Office.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate the ability to handle multiple tasks, be highly organized, have excellent writing skills, demonstrate proficient computer skills, and have a professional and team-oriented demeanor. The applicant must possess:
- Functional working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and building automation systems, as well as systems design & construction processes;
- The ability to work directly with Architects/Owners/Construction Manager Representatives in a hands-on training role for the functional understanding of systems;
- Prior experience with mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC system integration, TAB disciplines a plus;
- BS in either of the following disciplines is preferred: Mechanical, Electrical, or Plumbing
- Review of shop drawings and submittals;
- Review of RFI's;
- Review of change orders;
- Management of projects in construction;
- Jobsite meetings with Owners, Construction Managers, and Subcontractors;
- Resolution of field issues;
- Jobsite QC/QA;
- Writing of field reports;
- Represent BR+A to the Owners, Architects, Construction Managers, and Subcontractors;
- Strong written & oral communication skills are required.
We offer excellent compensation and a competitive benefits package, including Medical/Dental coverage and 401K, to all of our full-time employees.
BR+A is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, regardless of race, gender, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. The candidate must pass a drug test.