Comp & HRIS
1071 Bluehill Ave Milton, MA 02186 US
Compensation & HRIS Specialist
Job Location: On-site in Milton, MA 3 days per week (2x per week from home)
Hours: 8: 30-4: 30
Industry: higher education
- Bachelor’ s Degree
- HR experience
- Strong Excel (pivot, vlookups, formulas)
- Ellucian Banner
- Ellucian Banner
- Higher Education/Nonprofit industries
- HRIS experience
Under the supervision of the Vice President of Human Resources, the Compensation & Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) Specialist is responsible for managing and overseeing staff compensation program. The Compensation & HRIS Specialist will also develop, implement, update and maintain computerized HR information systems, provides system administration, security access and user support. The role also maintains the integrity of the employee-database system, produces reports/analytics to assist in business decisions.
- Compensation Program
- Oversee the administration of the staff salary program including, analyze positions for internal and external equity, maintain the job grading system, MEPA job groupings.
- Complete salary surveys and provide compensation reports. and implement the annual salary increase process.
- Maintain data integrity via audits, analysis and research; provides guidance and training on compensation philosophy, structure and internal/external equity for managerial staff.
- Ensure that salary increase information is accurate for data entry into employee records; prepares documents to assure correct data is sent to payroll.
- Research salary structure and merit increase trends for non-aligned structure and salary program and recommended changes or adjustments.
- Complete annual published salary surveys to determine market rates and trends in general and within higher education and conduct custom surveys and survey projects as requested or when needed.
- Responsible for conducting compensation analysis of all positions, including, by way of illustration only, selection of appropriate benchmarks, bench auditing, structure and operations affect, and market and internal equity studies; assignment of job grades, Fair Labor Standards Act categorization, employment basis, position type, salary compensation and benefit program(s) participation.
- Compose job descriptions, ensuring all positions are clearly and adequately described.
- Maintain job description files, Job Code Table and review audits to keep information current.
- Determine the scope of HRIS systems by consulting with VP of Human Resources and other management to ascertain organizational needs for the office of Human resources related information. Define and implement human resources processes and procedures for the collection and maintenance of applicant and employee record data.
- Analyze data and/or manage employee data input into the College’ s database system of record.
- Design and maintain a customer-focused HR Website.
- Coordinate, test and apply table updates in the HRIS system for consistency within the system. Create and maintain system security levels for HRIS system as well as oversee and maintain internal human resources network/documentation security.
- Develop, test, and maintain upgrades, patches/fixes, tables, reports and other systems applications.
- Act as the office’ s liaison for human resources information system of record design and modifications, data warehousing and any future web based systems and processes; assist with systems conversions (e.g. payroll).
- Maintain year-end processes to ensure optimal performance of HRIS. Coordinate integration of systems and procedures through IT department.
- Oversee the collection and input of data into HRIS, and audit data files to ensure integrity and accuracy. Provide training for users to ensure consistency and data integrity within system. Ensure HRIS training materials are current and utilized by all human resources staff as needed
- Data Analytics & Visualization:
- Delivers the business analytics that drive and sustain a high-performance organization; collaborate with the Human Resources management team for the establishment of HR metrics and operation data; delivers the successful design and delivery of HR Metrics Dashboard and provide data to end-users to support business needs. Develops tools to help display data that tells a story, supports decisions and educates stakeholders.
- Design custom ad hoc reports or queries as requested by departments, drawing from human resources information system of record, payroll system of record and other applicable human resources databases. Develop the methodology and technical processes to deliver HR information in a useful format.
- Gather and analyze corresponding data to coordinate accurate reporting of human resources metrics, including but not limited to overtime utilization, leave utilization, and custom employee data for survey analysis and participation. Assist HRIS users by developing consistent reports and workflows. Confer with other departments to assess reporting needs and develop corresponding reports.
Serve as the Office’ s lead functional representative on all human resources’ information system of record design and implementation activities, including special projects teams as assigned.
Provide professional and/or technical support services for other Human Resources staff.
Perform such other duties and provide such project leadership or support for the Office of Human Resources as assigned and within HRIS Administrator’ s learned capacities.
ESSENTIAL CHARACTERISTICS: Successful performance of this position demands consistent demonstration of the following uncompromised performance characteristics:
Demonstrates a genuine commitment to working collaborative with a diverse population.
Conducts oneself at all times in a professional manner demonstrating respect for the position, colleagues, and the College’ s best interest.
Demonstrates a genuine commitment to concern for achieving or surpassing results against legitimate and increasingly elevated standards of excellence, showing passion for continually improving the delivery of services.
Exhibits a high degree of initiative for bringing tasks to successful completion and succeeding in achieving stated goals.
Initiates and develops positive working relationships with internal agents of the College and external clients that are built on trust and integrity.
Proactively identifies problems, obstacles and opportunities. Implements decisive action appropriate to the position; assesses needs and concerns of the workplace environment in order to address current or future challenges. Acts prudently within the bounds of and to the extent of position authority.
Expresses oneself clearly, purposefully and effectively in both one on one and group settings, and both written and verbal context.
Ability to initiate, foster and maintain mission productive, favorable associations while developing networks with both internal and external constituents as appropriate.
Inspires, motivates and provides example to others in pursuit of excellence.
Bachelor’ s degree in human resources, business administration or related discipline.
At least five years of related professional experience in a role that relies heavily on data administration and analysis including software application testing, development or implementation, and experience in the field of Human Resources, Compensation or HRIS.
Demonstrated project management and implementation skills.
Must have thorough understanding of the Human Resource functions and assimilate needs of various divisions within a common environment.
Demonstrable computing capabilities (specifically, advanced spreadsheet programming and maintenance) are also required.
An advanced degree in Human Resources, business administration or related discipline.
Knowledge of Ellucian Banner, Interview Exchange, and ADP Enterprise eTime.
Interpretation of data processing systems techniques for database management, in a higher education setting