Akron, OH 44320 US
Our client is seeking a Senior Civil or Environmental Engineer to act as a technical resource or technical advisor for a team in Akron, OH. The role provides specialized technical input to studies and design while developing study and design procedures to facilitate high quality cost effective work by others.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participates in interdisciplinary review of project deliverables.
- Develops construction cost estimates and estimates of technical efforts for projects.
- Uses expertise in all steps of completing discipline component of PS&E package.
- Performs quality control review of design calculations or drawings.
- Prepares technical specification sections.
- Provides input to the development of engineering budget and schedule to meet requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or related engineering field.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience in civil engineering with an emphasis on site remediation, solid waste management, or other large civil projects.
- Professional Engineer license in the State of Ohio and/or other states with the ability to obtain an Ohio license within 6 months.
- US Citizen/US Permanent Resident.
- Valid Driver's license.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in civil engineering with an emphasis on site remediation, solid waste management, or other large civil projects.
- 8+ years of experience preparing reports, conducting engineering analyses and calculations, overseeing the preparation of engineering design documents such as drawings and technical specifications.
- Demonstrated experience using AutoCAD, Civil3D, GIS, Hydrologic/Hydraulic models, and stormwater management design software such as HydroCAD for civil engineering-related projects.
- Familiar with utility planning and abandonment procedures.
- Familiar with subsurface investigations.
- Familiar with standard engineering practices, construction, and operation techniques, principles, and procedures associated with power generation facilities
- Familiar with federal and local construction permitting requirements.
- Familiar with construction testing methods and procedures.
- 40 Hour OSHA HAZWOPER.
- 10 Hour OSHA Construction.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong organizational, technical, communications and written skills.
- Strong sense of commitment, a willingness to learn, with a desire to work in a dynamic and fast pace deadline driven environment.
- Commitment to working efficiently to complete tasks within allotted schedule constraints.
- Flexibility to work on a multitude of diverse projects. Candidate must also be able to work as part of a project team comprised of AECOM staff and subcontractors.
- Willingness to travel, complete field work, and work extended hours, when necessary.