Civil Design Engineer
41780 6 Mile Rd Northville, MI 48168 US
Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering (with a focus on Site/Civil Design), or related degree, from a 4-year accredited college or university. Master’s Degree preferred.
• 3 months – 6 years of demonstrated site development experience including site layout, grading, sewer and other utility design, pavement design, permitting, budgeting, jurisdictional agency interaction, and other related project activities.
• Ability to support a multi-disciplinary team on projects with minimal oversight.
• Experience using AutoCAD preferred. Civil 3D or Infrastructure Suite experience a plus.
• Experience with hydrologic and Hydraulic Modeling software, including proficient use with HEC-HMS, HECRAS, SWMM, Storm and Sanitary Analysis or others a plus.
• Able to understand, read, and prepare design drawings and specifications.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS
In this role you will:
• Prepare site design calculations under the direction of Project Engineers.
• Develop CADD drawings to convey design intent.
• Work on construction sites performing review activities.
• Perform a variety of engineering analyses and calculations, with and without the use of engineering software.
• Assist in developing design details and specifying appropriate construction materials.
• Assist with the preparation of technical proposals, cost estimates, plans, technical specifications, and reports,
including day-to-day correspondence.
• Coordinate construction quality control services, conduct specific site visits, and review daily field reports
prepared by others.
• Must have strong written and oral communication skills, be able to work in a team environment as well as
independently, demonstrated team-oriented approach to problem-solving, and have strong interpersonal skills for contact with clients and fellow engineers/technicians.
• Accuracy, dependability, and strong organizational skills.
• Exceptional time management skills, ability to manage multiple assignments at any given time, and have ability to work in a team environment.
• Must hold a valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance and be willing to travel to and conduct field work at job sites as well as offices in Michigan.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• May be required to perform job duties in the field and office, during non-standard work hours, as necessary.
• Must be able to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.