Civil - Structural Engineer
Denver, CO 80013 US
Your Key Responsibilities
- Participant on multidisciplinary teams in an office environment as well as in virtual team environment.
- Preparation of studies, design criteria, design reports, plans and specifications, and quality assurance reviews of related designs and construction plans, and support of construction.
- Inspect construction for compliance with specifications; review and approve drawings; conduct field inspections; review progress versus schedule.
- Perform preliminary and detailed civil /structural analysis and design for concrete, steel and masonry structures.
- Support multi-disciplinary teams on civil and structural engineering projects.
- Assist with preparation of budgets and scopes of work.
- Organize, draft and coordinate production of drawings and specifications to ensure technical accuracy.
- Serve as project engineer on small- to mid-sized projects and work on several projects concurrently.
- Assist in project administration including writing reports, gathering information, drafting proposals, drafting correspondence, and completing progress reports.
- Assist technical staff in field activities including site inspections, shop inspections, monitoring and other fieldwork.
- Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guideline and policies.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- B.S. in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering with emphasis on Structural Engineering preferred
- PE license or ability to get the PE within one year after the hire.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Previous consultative work experience in structural design for hydraulic structures is a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prepare complete, concise, and organized engineering calculations.
- Solid knowledge of relevant design codes and standards.