CAD Operator II
525 South Tryon Street Charlotte, NC 28202 US
- Transforms initial rough product designs using computer aided design (CAD) into working documents.
- Reviews engineering drawing and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards.
- May require an associate's degree in a related area and 3-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May direct and lead the work of others. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Prepare 2D drawings of elementary diagrams, control building layouts, panel layouts, schematics, wiring diagrams, etc. Experience in Autodesk AutoCAD, and/or Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical and Bentley Microstation Teamwork oriented attitude
- Works closely with Engineers and other disciplines to ensure coordinated design systems. Microsoft Office skills (Word/Excel) Strong verbal and written communication skills Strong background and understanding of electrical control systems
- Ability to adapt to a fast pace environment. Detail oriented, time management, organizational skills, collaboration, self-directed
- Performs checking procedures as appropriate to the discipline and assigned by immediate supervisor. Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics Knowledge of standards, electricity, electrical system operation, and industrial automation components Knowledge of basic electrical design concepts, engineering principles, and AutoCAD standards