8 Oak Park Drive Bedford, MA 01730 US
Process all denied and unpaid claims submitted to insurance carriers to ensure payment is received.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works every denial on an Explanation of Benefits from finish to end
- Sends out appeals on any claim that requires an appeal
- Submits any required documentation to insurance companies
- Researches the claims for information in order to process bills in a timely manner
- Communicates with insurance companies, adjustors and patients
- Corrects any errors and resubmits all unprocessed or returned claims
- Performs data entry and use of billing software
- Creates UB92 and HCA bills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with strong attention to detail. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education (Degrees, Certificates, Licenses, Etc.)
High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Prior word processing, spreadsheet and internet software experience including proficiency with MS Excel and MS Word required.
One to two years related medical billing experience preferred.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability
- Able to troubleshoot and remedy detailed documents
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to add, to subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedural manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time, use hands, talk, hear and occasionally walk and reach with hands or arms