Benefits Coordinator: LOA
852 Winter Street Waltham, MA 02451 US
- 2-3+ years of Benefits experience including leaves, FMLA, ADA, and relevant state laws.
- HRIS experience
The Leave of Absence Coordinator will assist in overseeing the outsourced leave of absence provider and helping to ensure a positive experience for all employees on a leave of absence. The coordinator serves as the initial point of contact for employees, guiding employees with new leave requests to the provider and liaising as needed. The individual in this role ensure accurate information is provided to payroll for all leaves and reconcile leave payments due to the company. The position also requires supporting the accommodations process. The person in the role should have a strong understanding of applicable employment and leave laws, company policies, and best practices related to leaves of absence.
1. Assist in overseeing outsourced leave of absence administration process and vendor.
2. Interpret and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, including the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA),MA Paid Family & Medical Leave and other relevant legislation.
3. Initial point of contact for employees seeking information and guidance on the leave of absence process, including eligibility, application procedures, and documentation requirements.
4. Asneeded, collaborate with leave and accommodation provider, HR team members, managers, and employees to facilitate smooth transitions for employees returning from leave, including accommodations and reintegration plans.
5. Maintain accurate and confidential records of all leave requests, approvals, and related documentation in accordance with company policies and legal requirements.
6.Coordinate with relevant stakeholders, such as payroll, benefits, and legal departments, to ensure accurate and timely processing of leave-related paperwork, including payroll adjustments and benefit continuation.
7. Support quarterly reporting needs for leave of absence program by obtaining data,compiling and auditing for internal stakeholders.
1. Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or a related field. 3-4years of experience preferred.
2. Prior experience in human resources, specifically in leave management or a related field, is preferred.
3. Solid understanding of federal and state leave regulations, including FMLA, ADA, and relevant state laws.
4. Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to empathetically interact with employees and stakeholders at all levels.
5. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail to manage complex leave cases and maintain accurate records.
6.Proficiency in using HRIS (Human Resources Information Systems) and other relevant software applications and with Microsoft Word and Excel.