Benefits Analyst (2)
450 Brookline Ave. Boston, MA 02215 US
The Benefits Analyst provides oversight of benefits programs, projects and vendor relations. Oversees implementation of program changes and ensures high levels of transactional accuracy, data integrity and issue resolution.
- Evaluates and manages benefit programs, creates action plans and processes to ensure programs are administered fairly, consistently and accurately.
- Monitors and evaluates third-party vendors and service providers, manages data issues, vendor projects, customer service, compliance and overall service level reporting.
- Provides subject-matter expertise to junior staff on complex plan questions and issue resolutions.
- Develops and maintains data integrity procedures; identifies and escalates potential critical errors.
- Leads new benefit plans implementations; identifies teams and tasks; develops timelines and communications.
- Establishes and monitors effective and relevant metrics; develops and produces reports.
- Ensures compliance with Institute policies and procedures, and applicable legal regulations.
- BA/BS degree
- 4+ years of benefits experience
Knowledge & Skills:
- Advanced knowledge of applicable federal and state laws, regulations and guidelines including the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
- Comprehensive knowledge of benefits administration, including the ability to provide guidance and mentorship to junior staff
- Excellent customer service skills; strong oral and written communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of applicable federal and state laws, regulations and guidelines, including the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
- Knowledge of benefits contract language
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word), PeopleSoft, and ability to assimilate vendor and other systems
- Attention to detail and a thoroughness in completing the work
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities within tight timelines, and have follow through skills
- Strong team player and ability to build working relationships within and across teams
- Ability to build working relationships within and across teams