AutoCAD Electrical Designer
Petersburg, VA 23805 US
- Advanced knowledge of Electrical concepts.
- Advanced knowledge base of AutoCAD Electrical.
- Effective knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, etc.
- Able to effectively communicate with the engineering team and other designers via phone, email, etc.
- Ability to work with multiple CAD Standards.
- Attention to detail, and product pride.
- Works with very basic information or direction from project engineers.
- Follow general and specific industry guidelines and best practices.
- Read, learn, and apply the general and client specific CAD Standards to all drawings.
- Utilize knowledge of CAD software to complete drawings.
- Draft finished designs from engineer’s sketches or from other engineering documentation.
- Visually compare design of component, or other equipment with datasheet of component, matching electrical terminations, etc. for accurate drafting of component.
- After preliminary drafting is completed, print out the drawing sets for quality assurance review following company procedures.
- Review questions or concerns with engineer or project manager and redline drawing set accordingly.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Be aware of budget and schedule constraints on all work. Make every effort to complete assignment on time and on schedule.
- Understand and abide by office policies and procedures.
- Inform supervisor of problems or issues which affect the companies’ ability to meet customer requirements.
- Understand and efficiently use Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, AutoCAD, and Allen Bradley.
- Maintain and continually improve technical and professional abilities described above and required to perform assigned tasks.