Authorized Safety Representative
Muskegon Norton Shores Customer Service Center, 700 E Sternberg Road Norton Shores, MI 49441 US
- An Authorized Safety Representative (ASR) oversees the quality/compliance assurance oversight program implementation in conjunction with the department to manage the execution of the company’ s work.
- Their role is a combination of understanding risk management, legal safety requirements, and implementing standards on multiemployer worksites.
- The ASR is a company liaison used to assist in maintaining communication and performing quality/compliance assurance observations of work performed at a variety of locations.
- The ASR will work to ensure each entity understands their obligation to procedures and regulatory requirements.
- The ASR may be required to perform standard to advanced analytical or administrative tasks associated with safety processes, including quality/compliance assurance investigations and audits.
- The ASR will administer and implement quality oversight program(s) defined by the company to prevent safety incidents.
- The ASRs will be required to apply skills such as analysis, planning, design, research, coordination, facilitation, and communication on complex projects.
- Assignments have clear and specified objectives which the ASR may be required to assist and provide recommendations to improve the safety, quality and health of the project(s).
- Leadership skills will be used to manage and monitor the day-to-day activities and safety & quality performance of company entities.
- Work experience in the electric distribution or transmission industry, or related fields.
- Act with honesty and integrity.
- Ability to interact with internal and external clients to give and receive moderately complex information.
- Knowledge of utility practices of a combined utility and the associated procedures
- Excellent communication skills
- Skill in problem-solving
- Promote, motivate and encourage a positive safety culture
- Position will be designated based on experience, qualifications and skills necessary for work being performed.
- At least 1 year of applicable experience and a Bachelor’ s degree in an applicable field is desired.
- Less than a Bachelor’ s degree may be acceptable if accompanied by experience and/or education in positions that demonstrate required abilities and performance.