Associate Director of Procurement
18 W Mercer St Seattle, WA 98119 US
As the Strategic Sourcing Manager, you would be responsible for leading a strategy to look for opportunities to utilize external manufacturing or asset lean manufacturing in support of the pharmaceutical division. You will work with contract management operations group with various converters for the pharmaceutical division to develop the sourcing strategy, negotiate contracts, for various product lines that align and linked with the business units, commercial, supply chain, and manufacturing strategies.
- Develop or assist with Strategic Sourcing plans and objectives (short & long term) based on future demand and considering economic and currency trends and conditions that directly affect the Global Supply Chain, business, and the global commodity sourced
- Act as strategic sourcing manager for external manufacturing supplier identification, development, Supplier relationship management, price negotiation, contract management with contract manufacturing business owner
- Advocate for the Global Buying Policy, ensuring compliance
- Develop and review specifications, statements of work, performance terms and accept/reject criteria.
- Work with Business supply manager on negotiations with potential and/or current Contract Manufacturers/Suppliers to obtain maximum value
- 20% Primarily domestic travel
- Bachelor of Science in mechanical engineering or business discipline (MBA preferred)
- Experience in implementing and managing contract manufacturing operations
- Strong knowledge of supply chain operations with demonstrated experience of problem solving and leadership
- Ability to lead difficult negotiations and develop win/win solutions
- Technical sourcing or engineering experience preferred
- Contract Writing/Management experience