Assistant/Staff Civil Designer
8201 Norman Center Drive Bloomington, MN 55437 US
- A Civil Designer will perform various phases of planning, site evaluations, analytical designs, preparation of figures and construction plans and specifications, and report preparation, as part of a project team. This position will work on various projects with a diverse portfolio of project types and clients.
- Design civil engineering projects including site design, land development, roads, storm drainage systems, stormwater management facilities, water and sanitary sewer utility design, sediment and erosion control, traffic control, and facility design.
- Execute a variety of civil design assignments using prescribed methods, software (AutoCAD, Civil 3D, etc.), and standard techniques including drawing sequence and presentation, sizing various system components and refining rough sketches.
- Execute changes to designs or sketches and mark-ups on ongoing projects.
- Analyze reports, maps, drawings, tests, and other topographical and geologic data to plan and design projects.
- Responsible for incorporating design codes and specifications related to design requirements.
- Review design drawings for quality assurance within scope, budget and schedule.
- Report volume calculations for excavation, dredging, and upland site grading.
- Review schedules, budgets and project criteria into civil design and layouts.
- Responsible for revisions of project drawings, plot files and project-related information storage in a logical and well-structured manner.
- Coordinate design and drawing production tasks with project team members.
- All other duties as assigned.
US Citizen or US Perm Resident (no sponsorship)
- Bachelor's degree in drafting technology or related field and five years related experience or associate's degree and six years related experience of progressive detailing and design experience.
- Advanced understanding of design software such as: AutoCAD, Civil 3D, MicroStation, and Excel to develop the design deliverables.
- Experience in design, calculations and design systems.
- Knowledge in the theory and practices of civil discipline; competent in the fundamental concepts of other disciplines as they relate to the assigned discipline; and capable of operating related discipline design software necessary to execute production tasks.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others (Project Managers, Engineers and Designers) in a multi-discipline project team environment to resolve design or drawing issues as appropriate and to accomplish objectives.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.