The Planet Group https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63515/logos/square.png http://www.theplanetgroup.com http://www.theplanetgroup.com true
Assistant Electrical Designer
9300 Ward Parkway Kansas City, MO 64114 US
Posted: 05/26/2023 2023-05-26 2023-07-06 Employment Type: Contract Job Category: Engineering Job Number: 566823 Country: United States Is job remote?: No
- An Assistant Electrical Designer will perform various tasks, including (but not limited to) assisting in the creation of substation layouts from scoping documents, reference industry and client standards, and specifications to assist in creating reliable and safe electrical substations that meet or exceed industry standards.
- Other tasks may include assisting in planning different phases of construction, evaluating sites, preparing reports, specifications, and proposals, and performing quality reviews on own projects as specified by internal quality control processes.
- Candidates will be expected to work closely with a team to execute projects and tasks, both internally and externally.
- Assist in the execution of project tasks and assignments within assigned hours and predetermined schedule.
- Perform basic calculations and studies like (but not limited to) voltage drop, ampacity, and conduit fill calculations, under the guidance of senior team members.
- Perform quality reviews to verify compliance with design specifications, scope, applicable codes, and client requirements, on own work.
- Organize and maintain records on projects, including previous revisions, applicable documentation, and communication in established methods within the design team.
- Consult and understand design codes applicable to the work being performed.
- Responsible for professional, clear, and concise verbal and written communication in relation to both external and internal clients, under the supervision of senior team members.
- Execute designs and changes to drawings and sketches in CAD programs that may be in 2D or 3D environments.
- Ability to learn continually evolving drafting and design programs to execute assigned workload.
- Bachelor's degree in drafting technology or related field and two years related experience or associate's degree and three years related experience or four years progressive detailing and design experience.
- Strong understanding of design software such as: AutoCAD, MicroStation, and Excel to develop the design deliverables. Ability to learn and effectively utilize new design software programs.
- Ability to utilize both 2D and 3D applications to prepare engineering drawings.
- Basic knowledge in design, calculations and design systems.
- Basic knowledge in the theory and practices of engineering discipline; competent in the fundamental concepts of other disciplines as they relate to the assigned discipline; and capable of operating related discipline design software necessary to execute production tasks.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others (Project Managers, Engineers and Designers) in a multi-discipline project team environment to resolve design or drawing issues as appropriate and to accomplish objectives.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and attention to detail.