360 Huntington Avenue Boston, MA 02115 US
This position has the overall responsibility and accountability for the management, training and development of four professional accountants responsible for daily operations in the general Accounting Office. This includes reviewing and approving accounting transactions and reconciliations, maintaining financial data integrity by establishing strong internal controls and ensuring financial transactions are recorded in accordance with GAAP. This position will also be responsible for identifying areas of audit risk and exposure and assisting in implementing solutions to ensure compliance with audit requirements and to make recommendations to management to improve business processes and/or adapt to regulatory changes. This position will be responsible for financial reporting including assisting the Associate Controller and Controller in preparing the university annual financial statements as well as providing other relevant and timely financial information to executive management team.
- BS in Accounting or business
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive, non-profit accounting experience.
- Previous management experience a plus.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and accounting skills
- Strong computer skills especially for Microsoft Word and Excel
- High attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with both senior management and subordinates.