Animal Husbandry Technician I
251 Ballardvale Street Wilmington, MA 01887 US
Pay Rate Range: $18-20/hr
Perform routine and moderately complex animal husbandry and clinical observations in a GMP compliant laboratory setting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform routine and moderately complex animal husbandry duties
- Conduct daily clinical observations to ensure health of animals
- Strictly follow all biosecurity procedures necessary to maintain the BSL-2 environment.
- Ensure raw data records are accurate, complete, and in order, and meet protocol specifications and/or cGMP requirements.
- Perform physical environment cleanliness and upkeep and maintain recordkeeping to cGMPs and/or Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Order and operate equipment and use supplies according to safety guidelines.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.)
- Experience: Six to twelve months related experience and/or training.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None
- Other: None
- Regularly required to utilize a computer.
- Regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Regularly lifts and/or moves equipment and materials weighing up to 10 pounds and occasionally lifts and/or moves equipment and materials weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to differentiate colors.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use personal protective equipment (PPE) including gloves, protective clothing, and eye protection.
- Work in a busy research environment, which requires use of sharp objects, working around mechanical parts, working with or near known or unknown toxic or caustic chemicals and/or biological hazards, exposure to fumes and airborne particles.
- Work with biological samples with risk or exposure to, zoonotic disease, and biohazards.
- The noise level in the work environment ranges from low to moderate depending upon the task being performed.