Accounts Receivable Coordinator (2x Openings)
5720 Lyndon B Johnson Fwy #200 Dallas, TX 75240 US
The Accounts Receivable Coordinator 1 will be responsible for the tracking and collection of open AR, timely research and resolution of outstanding payment issues, monitoring and resolution of cash application, and is expected to professionally represent the companies Accounts Receivable Organization, both internally and when interacting with external customer contacts. The position also requires a positive attitude and willingness to adapt to the changing needs of the business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understands unique customer payment processes and implements strategies that effect prompt payment from customers; Uncovers customer and billing issues and takes appropriate action to resolve those issues preventing customers from making prompt payment
- Take collection action following established guidelines based on the age and amount of the transactions and the type of account.
- Meets or exceeds key performance metrics and goals including % of A/R greater than 90 days, DSO, etc.
- Follows up on aged accounts receivable items and tracks status of contact and payment through contact logs noting the nature of each contact, results and any follow-up action that must occur. Independently follows through on required actions.
- Prepare customer statements and aging files, reviews the aging of past due invoices and unapplied payments; including follow up with the customer and/or plants to insure timely resolution of disputed and/or unpaid invoices.
- Conducts account research and analysis in a timely proactive manner sharing knowledge with team members in a collaborative manner
- Proactively monitors unapplied cash and assists in cash application corrections
- Utilize customer portals and third party programs for special billing, research and dispute/claim handling for assigned accounts.
- Appropriately escalates issues to and involves the right resources so that action plans can be prepared and agreed upon for implementation. Brings recurring issues and discrepancies to the attention of management and collaboratively works to implement a sustainable solution.
- Communicate timely and effectively with plant, distributor/co-packer and location staff to obtain documentation to resolve customer questions, disputes, credits, short pays, etc.
- Proactively develop relationships with key internal/external contacts, gaining recognition as a team resource
- Adhering to the Code of Business Ethics is essential. We value honesty and integrity above all else and we expect our employees to be committed to the highest ethical standards.