Accounting Operations Manager
1285 Avenue of the Americas New York, NY 10019-6064 US
Job Title: Accounting Operations Manager
Hybrid- New York, NY
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting Required
- 5-7 years of experience in an Accounting role w/ some supervisory experience
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Law firm or professional services experience preferred
- Aderant Experience a plus.
A top international law firm based in New York is looking for an Accounting Operations Manager. This role will oversee team and assist with customer service related duties.
- Manage Accounts Payable and T&E functions ensuring that best practices are leveraged throughout.
- Manage all employees in the department, providing performance plans and annual feedback.
- Oversee management of the Chrome River Invoice and Expense systems, including evaluation of new features for implementation.
- Oversee Accounts Payable vendor on-boarding process, which includes making contact with prospective vendors, collecting on-boarding information, and ensuring that the Accounts Payable team has the proper information to input into the vendor master file.
- Responsible for Partner capital accounts, ensuring that accurate schedules for contributions are maintained.
- Assist with calculations related to partner distributions and ensure all transactions are properly recorded in the general ledger.
- Liase with Tax department to ensure tax payments made on behalf of partners are accurately attributed to them in the Partners’ database.
- Reconcile Partner’s equity accounts monthly, ensuring all transactions are properly recorded. Propose and enter adjusting entries as needed.
- Manage electronic payment programs including the American Express P-card program.
- Document standard processes, create resource materials and facilitate end-user training as needed.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses and participate in special projects as needed by management.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize.
- Capable of managing a team effectively, including the ability to train and motivate team members.
- Professional demeanor with excellent communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management and staff.
- Strong Excel skills including data organization and manipulation.
- Comfortable with technology and able to master new applications quickly.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.