Environmental Project Manager
6135 West 400 North Greenfield, IN 46140 US
Our client is seeking a motivated, well-rounded Sr. Environmental Project Manager with 8+ years of experience to work out of their Indianapolis office. They are a full-service geotechnical engineering, construction materials testing, environmental consulting, and compliance management firm. They provide quality, cost-effective solutions while also focusing on client commitment and satisfaction. Their staff of professionals provides depth to their ability to conduct environmental investigation/remediation and geotechnical engineering projects for clients.
The successful candidate will work on challenging and diverse tasks for projects related to construction, DOT, bridge, airport, dry cleaning facilities, gas stations, industrial facilities, and private development for a variety of small local clients as well as Fortune 100/500 companies. This is a Position that requires accreditation as a Professional Engineer (PE), Licensed Professional Geologist (LPG)(CPG), or Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM).
Duties or responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Build and maintain relationships with potential and existing clients
- Manage projects covering all aspects of environmental compliance
- Prepare and submit regulatory permit applications and reports
- Prepare and conduct environmental assessments and inspections
- Prepare and review proposals to obtain work from existing and new clients
- Provide guidance and training for staff on work related to environmental projects
- Assist with all aspects of staff management both in the office and in the field
- Collaborate with field staff and other senior staff members on environmental projects
- Design, Installation, Implementation, and O&M of engineered remediation systems (SVE, AS, GWPT)
- Pilot/slug test (pump, AS, SVE, high vac., bio) data collection/evaluation
- Research new environmental technologies and procedures that could be utilized to improve environmental performance
- Contribute to the development of organization standard operating procedures, specifications and guidelines
- Develop and facilitate environmental training and presentations
- Serve as a subject matter expert when collaborating with clients and agencies
- Experience with state/federal programs and work outside of Indiana is a plus
- Travel to, and work performed at, various job site locations throughout the region
- Report preparation and review of documents/reports for submittal to regulatory agencies and/or clients
- Must be able to work in a team environment; individually; and interact with other engineers, scientists, and administrative support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, or Geological Science
- 8+ years of related professional experience.
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification with associated yearly 8-hour refresher.
- MUST be a Professional Engineer (PE), Licensed Professional Geologist (LPG), or Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM).
- Knowledge of commonly used computer software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is expected.
- Candidate must have excellent writing and communication skills
- Desired candidate must have ability and willingness to collaborate with other technical staff within the organization and deliver solutions that drive business value while also demonstrating compliance with regulations.