Engineering Tech 4: Water Pipe Designer
8400 Ward Parkway Kansas City, MO 64114 US
Functions in a senior level engineering technician capacity. With minimal supervision, performs advanced functions requiring knowledge and use of electronic applications, standards and document control processes/procedures in support of creating and modifying deliverables. May provide technical guidance and direction to other engineering professionals including delegation of work assignments.
- Applies knowledge of standards, systems, document control, departmental guides, applicable codes and policies and procedures.
Quality / Continuous Improvement:
- Demonstrates personal accuracy and supports continuous improvement.
- Reviews design inputs in order to ensure consistency.
- Assists to ensure deliverables are in compliance with the specific codes and standards suitable for the project.
- Use of applications to continuously evaluate and improve methods, processes and procedures used to accomplish deliverables.
- Create and develop deliverables based on a variety of design inputs.
- May develop less complex design concepts and create project design deliverables based on a variety of design inputs.
- May perform computations such as development of detailed material quantities and estimates.
- Coordinate deliverables with other groups involved on the same project to minimize interference or errors.
- May be responsible for support of project finalization including for example consolidation of records for as-built drawings or information to take off as-built quantities.
- Focuses on the needs of internal clients while gaining an understanding of external client's main interests and drivers.
People Management - (supervision - career development - developing professionals, mentoring):
- May provide work direction and guidance to others.
- Typically a minimum of 3 years related work experience.
- Preferred industry experience would include Mechanical equipment and piping layout/design in the Water/Wastewater Treatment market.
- Required software experience includes AutoDesk AutoCAD 2D and AutoDesk Revit 3D (most important)
- Project coordination experience with setting up projects with Revit preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of engineering standards, systems, document control and departmental guides.
- Intermediate industry knowledge and technology trends.
- Intermediate knowledge of company quality program.
- Intermediate ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned.
- Intermediate knowledge of other disciplines.
- Basic knowledge of construction and constructability practices and principles.
- Basic knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides related to assigned engineering discipline.
- Diploma or Certificate preferred.
- Associate Degree in Drafting or an Engineering Design Related Technology preferred.