UX Writer, Podcasts - Human Interface Design
8550 Higuera Street Culver City, CA 90232 US
Planet Technology is seeking a writer who is passionate about advancing the state of listening experiences. This UX Writer will work with a nimble team that's building the features and future of a Podcast app, exploring ways to develop an interface that serves the needs of users and creators. Under the tutelage of the Senior UX Writer, this person will be embedded in the Podcasts team.
The Writing arm of the design team works on all services, including ones that are currently available and ones that are just barely being imagined. As a UX Writer, you’ll be responsible for many things, including:
- Developing language for user flows, subscriptions, upsells, and tooling aimed at listeners and creators of podcasts.
- Building close relationships with folks working on various aspects of the Podcasts ecosystem, as well as with people in related lines of business like Music.
- Working on feature development, naming, user flows, product logic, and education. • Boiling down complex systems into coherent, concise, and compelling interface copy.
- Collaborating with cross-functional partners and senior leadership to define and execute our product roadmap.
- Spending time with QA, Legal, and Localization teams to ensure content appears properly for every audience.
- Addressing feedback and improving performance of our content and customer experience.
- Have experience with audio-focused apps and/or subscription products.
- Are curious about every piece of a user journey, from error states to success criteria.
- Oscillate between left- and right-brained writing, from storytelling to systematic thinking.
- Know how to work with wireframes and functional specs.
- Are interested in proposing what’s right only after exploring why everything else might be wrong.
- Develop well-informed points of view, while also remaining open to adjustments based on input from others.
- Can write from scratch, edit existing copy, and think beyond the written word with input from multiple team members.
- Think long-term, but act quickly.
- Are comfortable managing several projects simultaneously.
- Deliver passionate and impactful presentations at all levels of an organization.
- Collaborate and build relationships across product functions, demonstrating an ability to circulate and advocate for language.
- Dream about positively affecting the lives of millions of people, and like waking up to the responsibilities that come with that.
- Have an inexhaustible attention to detail.
- Enjoy contributing to and implementing style guides and shared nomenclature.