The Planet Group https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63515/logos/square.png http://www.theplanetgroup.com http://www.theplanetgroup.com true
Transmission & Distribution - Outage Planning Engineer
425 S Woods Mill Rd, Suite 300 Town And Country, MO 63017 US
Posted: 03/17/2023 2023-03-17 2023-04-26 Employment Type: Contract Job Category: Engineering Job Number: 533360 Country: United States Is job remote?: No
- Our Clients Transmission and Distribution global practice is looking for an engineer to expand our outage planning services.
- Well planned outages are critical for the successful execution of the upcoming increase in capital projects for system upgrades for grid expansion and resiliency driven by carbon-neutral goals for renewable generation interconnections and fossil-fuel generation retirements.
- This position will be responsible for transmission and distribution engineering and consulting services related to outage planning for clients in the Midwest US.
- Main responsibilities include leading client coordination activities related to outage planning, advising on technical aspects of transmission and distribution outage planning, and creating comprehensive outage sequence plan deliverables to detail the construction/outage activities. Projects range in size, complexity, and voltage class from distribution equipment upgrades to large transmission programs.
- This position can influence the future of the resiliency and reliability of the electric grid.
- Opportunities to advance into leadership roles are available.
- Position may include full or partial responsibility of the following assignments:
- Lead client meetings to coordinate multiple departments through outage planning discussions to identify engineering, construction, and system outage constraints and gather inputs to develop detailed outage sequence plan deliverables that will allow efficient execution of projects
- Reference transmission and distribution (substation, line, etc.) engineering drawing packages to comprehend projects’ scopes
- Advise on critical steps and sequencing of construction activities for transmission & distribution equipment outages to achieve minimum disruption to the reliability of the electric system during the projects execution
- Develop outage durations and dates indicating the scope of work to be performed during each outage aligning with the clients’ project schedules
- Coordinate outage sequence plan steps and communicate them to clients’ operations personnel with a high level of accuracy
- Develop and maintain outage sequence plan deliverables, including sequence of system one-line diagrams and corresponding spreadsheet detailing outages, for numerous transmission and distribution projects
- Coordinate outage planning activities with other departments internally (Civil/Structural, NIA [Networks, Integration, & Automation], Transmission Line, etc.)
- Provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced team members
- Complete quality reviews of outage sequence plan deliverables
- Regularly meet and correspond with clients or outside personnel
- Other areas of involvement may include industry/professional technical committee involvement
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from accredited program
- Minimum 4 years related experience (completion of master's degree in related field may be substituted for one year of experience)
- Completion of FE exam strongly preferred
- Proficiency with National Electrical Safety Code and IEEE / ANSI Standards
- Familiarity/experience with AutoCAD software
- Strong preference for those with:
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Capability of solving difficult problems that require adaptation and modification of standard approaches, techniques, procedures, and criteria
- Strong organizational skills to handle large amounts of information and numerous projects at one time
- High attention to detail