System Engineering (Mechanical)
526 South Church Street Charlotte, NC 28202 US
Objective:Our client would like to obtain staff augmentation support for a System Engineer position. This request is to supplement nuclear system engineering experience needed to assist in developing technical requirements, support IT vendor, and testing of application for plant and system monitoring software being installed at all 11 nuclear units.
- System Engineering and/or component engineering background
- Use of power plant data historians (OSI PI experience preferred)
- Experience working with large data sets for managing nuclear plant systems and components
- Use of power plant system and component drawings, technical manuals, and maintenance strategies
- Knowledge of nuclear power plant system design
- Experienced in developing and analyzing data trends for nuclear plant systems and components (mechanical, I&C, and electrical)
- Experienced with system and component performance curves
- Experienced developing training and job aids for large organizations to adopt new technology.
- Support a Mon - Thurs, 10-hour workday. Normal schedule is 7:00 am - 5:30 pm.
Expectations for role: Our client is requesting a staff augmentation role who can support the transition from PI Processbook to PI Vision and Asset Framework. This role requires being familiar with nuclear power plant system/components, equipment reliability classifications, component failure modes, and identification of risk. This requires a level of comfort using data and system knowledge to assist the information technology teams in developing applications. The tasks that will need to be completed are noted below but not limited to:
- Analyzing large amounts of power plant, system, and component data and coordinating with IT to support:
- Serving as Engineering lead to develop power plant system specific requirements for the IT team to build in the new application for 11 nuclear units.
- Automation of tracking system and component anomalies and failure modes within the new application
- Model system specific operations to mimic plant conditions.
- Develop alert/alarm structure to notify personal of an off normal condition
- Test system mimics and analytics per software quality testing processes.
- Development and use of system and component monitoring strategies for nuclear power plants.
- Interfacing with nuclear site Operators, Engineers, and Maintenance on systems and components specifically to present the output of developed application and align on actions needed to close gaps.