Staff Structural Enigneer
312 Southeast Stonemill Drive Vancouver, WA 98684 US
The Staff Structural Engineer will work on project teams to create world class designs for new projects, alterations and redevelopments on a variety of projects including power delivery, pipeline and industrial facilities. The Staff Structural Engineer will work with the project team throughout the design and construction process, adapting structural plans according to budget constraints, design factors or client needs.
- Perform structural design of projects from the conceptual phase through design completion.
- Modify and review production drawings for a variety of projects including, but not limited to: electrical substations, pipeline metering and regulating station and industrial facilities.
- Design structural components for project needs and requirements that are set forth by the project managers.
- Applies strong knowledge of commonly used structural engineering/design concepts, principles, practices, codes, and procedures within the civil engineering services industry.
- Research and compile project related data as required by the project managers. Compiles studies and reports. Writes specifications.
- Update drawings provided by senior engineers to verify corrections are made within multiple CAD related software.
- Compiles information for client presentations, shop drawing review, and contract administration for the design of power delivery, pipeline and industrial facilities.
- Performs field inspections, measurements or calculations for public and private clients.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil/Structural Engineering or related degree from an ABET accredited program.
- Or Bachelor of Science in Civil/Structural or related Engineering Technology from an ABET accredited program and successful completion of Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
- Master of Science degree in Civil/Structural Engineering may be substituted for 1 year experience.
- 5 years of civil engineering experience, consulting preferred.
- Successful completion (i.e. passing) PE preferred.
- Strong knowledge in standard civil engineering techniques and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work methodically and analytically in a quantitative problem-solving environment and demonstrated critical thinking skills.
- Strong computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite)
- Strong computer skills (e.g. AutoCAD, MicroStation, BIM (Revit), Civil 3D, PLS, PLS-CADD, RISA-3D, MathCAD), and/or hydraulic, hydrologic, pavement, civil analysis programs.
- Strong attention to detail, facilitation, team building, collaboration, organization and problem-solving skills.