Staff Public Involvement Specialist
300 Erie Blvd W Syracuse, NY 13202 US
- The Assistant or Staff Public Involvement Specialist to conduct communication and public outreach services for utility infrastructure upgrade, including developing programmatic and project communication strategies and creating communication and public outreach plans to make our clients successful.
- Assist in coordinating communication and public involvement activities to support electric infrastructure upgrade projects conducted by a utility client.
- Assist with developing project communication strategies and developing communication and public outreach plans.
- Interact with various stakeholders affected by project construction activities, manage project commitments to the public, and act as the liaison between project managers, contractors, and the public.
- Provide service to the client by being available for issue resolution, providing information updates and promoting a positive public image.
- Assist with implementation of strategic outreach plans and processes.? Elements of these plans could include the development of newsletters and fact sheets, website content, telephone information lines, news releases, public meetings, open houses, canvassing, comment forms, mailing lists, and responses to public inquiries.
- Interact with contractors performing construction work and understanding the technical aspects of the work scope.
- Assist with materials development, event logistics, attending and participating in public meetings, logging inquiries on public information hotlines, and data management.
- Provide graphic support for promotional initiatives.
- Document interactions with stakeholders daily in the client's data management system.
- Assist in organizing and managing project information files and coordinating the interchange of project outreach information to project managers and clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Travel 25%-50% within the Rochester and Buffalo areas, respectively.
- Desk Space will be provided in the client’s Buffalo or Rochester office, respectively.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, environmental studies, forestry, or a related field from an accredited program is required.? A minimum of a 3.0 GPA is strongly preferred.
- 5 to 10 years professional experience.
- Prior internship or related experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient in using computer software (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Basic analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to understand technical information and communicate that information to the public.
- Ability to manage priorities and schedules.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Design/presentation software experience a plus.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Valid driver's license required